Is your desk or office cluttered? Do you have a hard time finding things when you need them? Here at GetMoreRings, we know how important it is to keep your work space organized so that you can maximize your efficiency and become a more productive employee.
Organizing your office does not have to be a daunting task, it can be done efficiently and in little time. Once your space is organized it can be maintained with minimal upkeep. To get started, just follow these simple tips.
1. De-clutter. Go through everything in your office and get rid of anything that you do not use. This goes for equipment, furniture, supplies, files, decorations, etc.
2. Put everything in its place. Go around your office and collect things that are out of place and put them where they go.
3. Keep things you need close. Make sure that things you use frequently are easily accessible and within arms reach. Things that you use less can be put away or in storage.
4. Clear & organize your desk. Remove everything from your desk, only keep items that you must use everyday. Use desktop organizers such as paper trays and paper clip holders to keep things in place.
5. Organize your drawers. Keep like items together. Sticky pads with notepads, stamps with envelopes, etc. Make a separate drawer for your own personal items.
6. Seperate your inboxes. If you work directly with many people, create a tray, folder or inbox for each.
7. Don't accumulate piles. Once you are fully organized you will hopefully stop having piles of paper sitting around. Go through your existing ones and either file them away or toss them.
8. Read, Sort, Shread. Read all mail the same day it is received; decide whether you will need to act on it, file it, delegate or shread it.
9. Clean your desk. Before you leave each day, do quick clean up of you desk. Put everything back in its place so that you have a clean start each and every day.
10. File at least once a week. When you let your filing pile up it can become daunting. By setting a specific time aside each week, it will ensure you stay on top of it.
Feel free to leave any tips in the comments you think we may have left out.